Day 3: Whilst planning this years 30 Days Wild I decided to name Wednesdays as RAW, meaning Random Acts of Wildness. In this series I’ll be using The Wildlife Trusts’ 30 Days Wild app, to help choose the day’s theme.
So without further ado, here’s today’s RAW: brew a leafy tea. I decided to try oregano tea as I have it growing abundantly in the yarden.
Here’s what I did:
- I chopped a sprig of fresh oregano from the yarden, washed it and chopped the leaves into small pieces.
- I then boiled the kettle and poured a measure of one american cup of hot water.
- I poured over the chopped oregano leaves in a cup and left to seep for up to five minutes.
- I sieved as much of the oregano leaves as possible and added a drizzle of honey.
- Adding honey was much needed as the tea was strong and bitter without it.
My verdict, I think I’ll keep my oregano on top of pizzas, it wasn’t a pleasant drink. Oregano has many healing properties from easing colds to boosting the immune system and aiding in the reduction of inflammation.
Have you tried oregano tea? What is your favourite herbal tea?
Thanks for reading, and stay wild!