The news from the garden this weekend is that we DO have Honey Bees visiting the flowers! I saw up to seven at one time enjoying the Salvia, the Borage and the Dahlia. This year I seem to have a greater variety of plants for the visiting bees to enjoy. The Bumblebees also enjoy visiting the Dahlia and Borage as well as the Passion Flower.
The bird feeders have well and truly been ‘attacked’ this weekend! We have many species of garden bird visiting as listed below.
- House Sparrows, have continued to visit in numbers of up to eight if not more!
- Goldfinch charms have visited numbering over 12, most are fledglings.
- Starlings have made a noisy return. This years fledglings are now getting their adult coats and love the fat blocks on offer.
- Pigeons are too many to count and follow the smaller birds into the garden as they know there will be many seeds dropped.
- The Dunnock has made a welcome return, though not the same one as visited previously. This one seems to be very bold and stands his/her ground in relation to competition from the Pigeons! A most welcome visitor to the garden!
- I can’t say I have seen the Blue Tits this week as it’s mainly Sparrows and Goldfinches that I see, but I hope they manage to visit the feeders.
Have a pleasant week!