Day 30: For the last day of 2019’s 30 Days Wild, we headed to the beach.
Formby Beach is a firm favourite of ours, so we decided to share it with my visiting friend, Jennifer who also happens to be a Riley fan! While throwing the ball for Riley to chase, we came across beached jellyfish. I think they were two types. Correct me if I am wrong!
- Is the UK’s largest jellyfish
- Has eight frilly tentacles
- Their sting is still potent when dead
- Attracted to plankton blooms
Lion’s Mane Jellyfish:
- Lives in the North Atlantic
- Glows in the dark
- Is 95% water
- Has tentacles that can grow to 120 feet
Have you seen any jellyfish? If so what type?
Thanks for reading, and stay wild!